Monday, October 27, 2008

Meet Mrs. Tippins...

My name is Amy Tippins and I have taught kindergarten for five years. This is my third year at Buford Elementary School and there is no place I would rather be! I truly believe that BES is the BESt school around!! I am encouraged every day by the amazing amount of support we receive from the teachers, students, parents, and members of the community! Buford is definitely a part of my family...my brother teaches math at the High School and my sister-in-law is a 2nd grade teacher at the Academy!

I graduated from The University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!) in 2004 with a degree in Early Childhood Education and an endorsement in Elementary Mathematics. After graduation, I was a long-term sub in a first grade classroom for six months until I was hired as a Kindergarten Teacher for the 2004-2005 school year. I taught Kindergarten at a school in Gwinnett County before moving to Buford and finding my home!

I am married to my high school sweetheart, Jeffrey and we have recently welcomed our sweet baby girl, Libbi! We live in Suwanee and enjoy being active in our community. Jeffrey works for an insurance firm in Atlanta and sweet Libbi comes to school with me where she attends the Buford City Schools Childcare. I enjoy shopping, learning to sew, teaching, going out to eat, being involved in my church, decorating my home, GA football, my TiVo, and spending time with my family and friends!

I am blessed to be able to do what I love each and every day. Teaching Kindergarten is a joy and I can assure you, there is never a dull moment!! I am thrilled to be your child's teacher this year and I can't wait to see what the school year has in store for us!

Mrs. and Mr. Tippins


Mrs. Tippins, Baby Libbi, and Mr. Tippins



Baby Libbi



No comments: